Ghana Police, Army with Impressive Wins as Tairat Stuns GRA

Ghana Police Men In Their Goal Celebration

The atmosphere at the Theodosia Okoh Hockey Stadium was a scintillating one as the 32nd edition of the Men’s Africa Cup for Club Champions commenced. Just like the women’s category, the defending Champions and record title holders El Sharkia were unable to make it to Ghana hence the search for a new champion.
The search got underway with Zamalek and Wazalendo locking horns in the opening game of the tourney. It was a game many tipped Zamalek to win with ease but the Kenyans made the task herculean. Nonetheless, Zamalek broke the deadlock in the opening eight minutes courtesy Ahmed Metwall.
Mbeda Wycliff restored parity for Walazendo with a minute to end the third quarter.

With fifteen minutes left to play and three points at stake, both teams approached the final quarter with all zeal and seriousness. With the match edging close to a draw, Basha Mahmoud broke the hearts of the Kenyans as he struck the winner with 5 minutes to the close, to give Zamalek a 2-1 victory.

In the second game, Ghana Police beat two time champions Eastern Company by a lone goal.
The game commenced with both teams eager to win. With missed chances from both ends coupled with great saves from both goalkeepers and excellent defending, the opener was taking too long.
However, in the third quarter, Evans Sadare in the 35th minute proved the messiah and savior as he broke the deadlock with maximum effort and assist from Godsway Balagi which proved to be the winner.

GRA men hosted Tairat in the men’s third game. The host were looking forward to emulate their 2018 display in Abuja which saw them place 2nd but the Egyptians had other plans.
It took just four minutes to break the deadlock. Mohamed Nasr Ahmed pounced onto a loose ball and made his way into the scoring circle going past four GRA Defenders before beating goalkeeper Acheampong Eugene in post to put Tairat in the lead.
The host fought back to level through Anin Assah Kwasi in the 41st minute.
Ahmed Nasr grabbed his brace and Tairat’s second with 9 minutes to play. GRA tried all they could but time ran out for them as Tairat went home with the three points.

In the final game of the day, Ghana Army beat Police Machine from Nigeria 4-3.
Police Machine started the bright side and got the opener courtesy Hilary Emmanuel. Benjamin Kwoffie responded for Ghana Army with a great goal inside the 31st minute. Nyarko Nicholas made it 2-1 for Army from a well converted penalty corner but the lead was cut short as Sunday Godwin restored parity for Police Machine.
Emmanuel Sunday put Police Machine in front inside 40 minutes but Nyarko once again levelled for Ghana Army.
Osei Maxwell grabbed the winner for Ghana Army in the 43rd minute.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top
Powered by Live Score & Live Score App